SLOVAK AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION
In 2007, Slovakia completed the creation of its institutional and legal framework for development assistance. In compliance with the Act No. 617/2007 Coll. on Official Development Assistance, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs have established the Slovak Agency for International Development Cooperation as its budgetary organization.
Slovak Agency for International Development Cooperation (SAIDC) is responsible for managing bilateral and trilateral development projects within the responsibility of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs. SAIDC represents an administrative and contracting unit for bilateral programming; its responsibilities include contracting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of bilateral and trilateral development projects.
Programmes managed by the Slovak Agency for International Development Cooperation
- Development Cooperation with Program Countries (Afghanistan, Kenya, Moldova, South Sudan*)
- Cooperation with Project Countries by transferring the transition experience (West Balkans, countries of the EU’s Eastern Partnership, countries of the EU’s Southern Neighborhood, CETIR)
- Humanitarian Aid
- ODA Capacity building, Public Awareness and Developmental Education
- Supporting programmes (EU Development Projects co-financing, Small-grants, Volunteer Programme)
* A country with exceptional humanitarian and development needs
Photo: (c) Martin Črep, (c) Zuzana Halanová and Daniel Laurinc (Afriktivity)